Advice Mid Wales
WHO WE ARE…
Advice Mid Wales is a registered charity (no. 1111040) and is a member of AdviceUK, the country’s largest organisation for independent advice services. For the past 30 years we have developed an unrivalled reputation within the Mid Wales (and beyond!) for the quality of our service and the dedication of our volunteers, both Trustees and Advisers, helping anyone who asks, sharing our knowledge, skills and experience to empower, support and, often, to protect them. Every year we deal with over two thousand enquiries and, no matter what the problem, there will always be a helping hand from the organisation that cares.
AND SOME OF THE THINGS WE DO…
- We provide a Generalist Advice Service for a wide variety of problems
- We provide specialist advice in debt and welfare benefits and hold the Community Legal Service Specialist Quality Mark for the two areas
- Our Money Advice Caseworkers are members of the Institute of Money Advisers® and Accredited Intermediaries for Debt Relief Orders (DROs)
- We are an alternative office for the Department of Work and Pensions which is of particular value if you live in an isolated rural area
- We run three drop-in sessions (no appointment needed) a week, which means you can get help when you need it
- We offer the only home and hospital visiting service in the area
- We operate a telephone, postal and email advice service
- We are the only advice centre in the area to represent our clients at First Tier Tribunals
- We provide a weekly Help Desk in the local Magistrates Court in Welshpool, working with Her Majesty's Courts Service on their Problem Solving Initiative, to help reduce reoffending. We were awarded the High Sheriff of Powys Award in 2011 for this. We work with other groups to provide the same service in Aberystwyth Magistrates court
Trainee Volunteer Advisers
Advice Mid Wales formally Bro Dyfi Advice Center is a valuable community resource in the Dyfi Valley.
Volunteers required to provide advice to clients on problems. Volunteers must be completely non judgmental and able to listen and analyses.
A 13 week training course is provided which can lead to an NVQ. Training is accredited by Advice UK and you will receive a certificiate of competence as a Generalist Adviser at the end.
Advisers can become members of professional bodies.
Advice Mid Wales formally Bro Ddyfi Advice Center is a valuable community resource in the Dyfi Valley.
We are looking for Trustees to help with the running and management of the organisation.